- Douglas DC-3/C-47 Dakota
- General Dynamics F-16: Jubilee schemes
- Consolidated PBY-5/5A Catalina
- Fokker F.VII/3m
- North American B-25C/D and B-25J/K Mitchell: NEIAF
- North American B-25C/D and B-25J: RAF and RNlNAS
- Curtiss P-40 Warhawk & Kittyhawk
- Fairey Firefly
- Hawker Hunter F.Mk.4; F.Mk.6 and T.Mk.7
- (Glenn-)Martin B.10 (139/166)
"Sky Sharks” 1956 - 1958 (313 Squadron)
This team was established in 1956 by Major J.L. Holtz , squadron 313, based at air base Volkel, in consultation with the chief of flight duty Volkel AFB captain Benjamin.
Major Holtz was the first leader of the team. The other members of the team were lieutenant H. de Roos, lieutenant N. de Vrij and lieutenant P. Snijders.
Major Holtz also developed the nice colour scheme of the team, which was applied to five aircraft, such as TR11, TR-14, TR-15 and TR-31. The serials were not visible on the aircraft of the team.
Major Holtz had to transfer the leadership of the team to lieutenant De Roos, because of a course Engineering Staff.
Further changes in the team were the addition of Lieutenant Scheurs and lieutenant Von Eugen, who replaced lieutenant Snijders in 1958.
The team acted on several occasions such as open day at airbase Twenthe, Gilze-Rijen and Volkel.
During a stunt team competition on August 24, 1957 at airbase Gilze-Rijen the team won the second prize.
During the competition in 1958 the team won the third prize.
The team was abolished in November 1958, when the Lockheed T-33 was moved to airbase Woensdrecht and some of the members of the team were transferred.
[Enclosed photo from BeeldBank NIMH. Click on photo for ordering information]
- Next >>