- Douglas DC-3/C-47 Dakota
- General Dynamics F-16: Jubilee schemes
- Consolidated PBY-5/5A Catalina
- North American B-25C/D and B-25J/K Mitchell: NEIAF
- Fokker F.VII/3m
- North American B-25C/D and B-25J: RAF and RNlNAS
- Fairey Firefly
- Curtiss P-40 Warhawk & Kittyhawk
- Hawker Hunter F.Mk.4; F.Mk.6 and T.Mk.7
- Brewster B.339 Buffalo
The first Alouette helicopter, the SE3120 Alouette was developed in 1950 and made its first flight in July 1951.
It happened to be to complex to become a commercial success.
Sud-Est (SNCASE) was ordered to develop within two years a new helicopter, which must be put in production. SNCASE designed seven different type all equipped with a turbine engine, designations: X.310A - X.310G.
Turboméca had developed a new 190 kW turbine engine, the Artouste, which was selected to propel design X.310G.
This combination was successful and the design was de predecessor of the SE 3130 Alouette II, which made is maiden flight on March 12, 1955. On June 6, 1951 a pre production model flew an hight record of 8209 m.
In July 1956 the first rescue by helicopter was made by a Alouette.
In May 1957 the type received its civil flight certificates.
Production ended in 1975 and over 1500 Alouette II's were built. The type was also built under license in Brazil, India, Sweden and the US.
- SE 3130 Alouette II:
- designated as SA 313B Alouette from 1967 and on.
- HKP 2 Alouette II : SE 3130 built under Swedish license.
- SE 3131 Gouverneur: refined passenger version with enclosed tail. This version led to the later Alouette III.
- SE 3140 Alouette II:
- never produced version with a 298 kW Turboméca Turma II turbine engine.
- SE 3150 Alouette Astazou:
- a version with a 410 kW Turboméca Astazou IIA engine and strengthened transmission (originating from the Alouette III).
- SE 3180 Alouette II:
- development of the& SE 3150; From 1967 designated as SA 318C Alouette II.
- HAL Chetak: SE 3180 license built in India.
- SA 315B Lama:
- Development in 1968 of the SE.3150 for India. It needed to operate at larger heights. Since 1972 height record for helicopters of 12.442 meter. Differed from original Alouette II in strengthened airframe, three blade tail rotor, absorbers at front of the undercarriage and further protection of the shaft.
- HB 315B Gaviao: SA 315B Lama built in Brasil under license.
- HAL Cheetah: SA 315B Lama bult under license in India.
- HAL Lancer: improved version of the HAL Cheetah.
|Length with rotor||12,1 m||Rotor diameter:||10,2 m|
|Height:||2,75m||Tail Rotor diameter:||- m|
|Empty weight:||850 kg||Full weight:||1600 kg|
|Max. speed:||205 km/hr||Cruising speed:||- km/hr|
|Range:||720 km||Service ceiling:||- m|
|Motortype:||One Turbomeca Artouste IIIB rated 870 hp|
- Next >>