The DFW CV, a two seat explorer, was the successor of the DFW C.IV.
It was by far the most German-built aircraft during the first world war, there were approximately 2000 examples built by DFW themselves plus an approximately 1250 units licensed by Aviatik as Aviatik C.VI, by Halberstadt, by LVG and also by Schütte-Lanz. The aircraft was also built in Bulgaria as Uzunov-1.
The DFW CV was a composite construction, the hull was made of wood, the wings consisted of two wooden beams and were covered with linen.
The upper wing had a larger wingspan, especially by the ailerons, which stuck out.
The exhaust pipes pointed upwards like chimney, however, the machines built by LVG had a horizontally positioned exhaust. The radiator was split and positioned on both sides of the hull, later models had a radiator in front of the wing.
The wooden propeller had a diameter of 2.80 m.
|Length:||7,87. m||Wingspan:||13,27 m|
|Height:||3,25||Wing area:||41,52 m2|
|Empty weight:||970 kg||Max. start weight:||1430 kg|
|Max. speed:||155 km/hr||Rate of climb:||4 min to 1000 m|
|Range:||3,5 hours||Service ceiling:||5000 m|
|Engine type:||One Benz Bz. IV rated 200 hp|
|Crew:||Two men: one aviator plus one observer|
|Armament:||One fixed forward firing 7.9 mm Spandau LMG 08/15 machine gun plus one movable 7,9 mm Parabellum MG 13 machine gun.|